Once in a lifetime, we all have challenges, good moments, and also bad moments.
Breakups are a part of life and soon or later we must deal with it.
Losing someone is not the end of the world because some bad moments can be a bridge for good moments.
So, here is a list of 50 breakup quotes to heal your broken heart and mind.
1. “Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.”
2. “A breakup is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave than risk hurting yourself trying to pick up all of the broken pieces.”
3. “Breakups aren’t always meant for makeups, sometimes when a relationship ends it is time for you to wake up.”
4. “Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.”
5. The hardest part about a breakup is the realization that you aren’t their “Person” anymore.
6. “When you break up with someone, and I’m not talking casual breakups here, it’s hard to take the sudden absence of such an important person in your life. It reminded me of when I’d stopped going to school and the weird uneasy feeling I’d gotten afterward like I was forgetting to do something. My life until that point had pivoted around some form of education, and all of a sudden, it was gone. Homework, classes, running around, and then –bam – nothing but a life of work stretching out before you. No one prepares you for that feeling or even mentions it. You just suddenly have a gap and have to decide how to fill it. A break-up is like that gap, only much, much more painful. One day the person you talked to constantly or did stuff with is just absent. Gone. Poof. And even though I’m not one of those people who has to be in a relationship all the time, I was feeling at a loss.” – Lish McBride
7. “Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being.” – Jean-Yves Leloup
8. I think it’s important to realize that you can miss something, but not want it back. – Paulo Coelho
9. I can still love an ex as a person, regardless if the breakup was bad. I would never wish anything negative on them. It takes more energy to hate them than to wish them well. – Ashley Greene
10. Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That and trailing off your interaction after the breakup. – Drake
11. I believe much of the pain of a breakup comes from having a life plan that you have fallen in love with. When it does not work out, you become angry that you now have to pursue a new life plan. – Karen Salmansohn
12. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain
13. When you are trying to heal from a breakup, be kind to yourself and do not be impatient with your progress. You will not get over this in a day. These things take time.
14. Breakups can be sad, but sometimes tears are the price we pay for a freedom we need. – Steve Maraboli
15. Everyone has breakup in their lives, and I think everyone should experience love – Hansika Motwani
16. No one goes straight to happiness after a breakup – Estelle
17. “To me, a breakup party represents something fundamental about how relationships are evolving: the idea that we needn’t adhere to tradition for tradition’s sake.” – Colin Wright
18. “Breakup hurts but it is a good experience to learn how to handle the tough situation in life”
19. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a breakup.” – Mandy Hale
20. Some changes look negative on the surface, but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge. – Eckhart Tolle
21. Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions. – Pema Chodron
22. After a breakup realize that you’had a life BEFORE them and you can still have a life AFTER them you just have to find yourself again. – Sonya Parker
23. Life breaks all of us sometimes, but some grow strong at broken places. – Ernest Hemingway
24. Teenage Dream’ was the hardest breakup for me –Bonnie McKee
25. Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars. – Violeta Para
26. Isn’t it funny how the memories you cherish before a breakup can become your worst enemies afterwards? The thoughts you loved to think about, the memories you wanted to hold up to the light and view from every angle–it suddenly seems a lot safer to lock them in a box, far from the light of day and throw away the key. It’s not an act of bitterness. It’s an act if self-preservation. It’s not always a bad idea to stay behind the window and look out at life instead, is it? – Allyson Condie
27. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down. – Mary Pickford
28. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings. Lao Tzu
29. Breakups can be sad, but sometimes tears are the price we pay for a freedom we need. – Steve Maraboli
30. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
Positive Breakup Quotes
1. One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones. – Turcois Ominek
2. It hurts to say goodbye to someone you love but it’s the best for both of us to move on. – Unknown
3. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” — Robert Holden
4. “If you’re gonna make a change, you’re gonna have to operate from a new belief that says life happens not to me but for me.” — Tony Robbins
5. One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul. – Brigitte Nicole
6. “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Victoria Holt
7. “Don’t change yourself, so other people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will like you.” – Unknown
8. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho
9. The heart will break, but broken live on. – Lord Byron
10. I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart. — L. Frank Baum
Sad Quotes About Breakup
1. You know that saying about how you don’t know what you have until it’s gone—I already did know what I had, and now that she’s gone, I know even more. – A. S. King
2. I think the worst part about a breakup sometimes, if one could choose a worst part, would possibly be if you get out of a relationship, and you don’t recognize yourself because you changed a lot about you. – Taylor Swift
3. Breaking up doesn’t mean that no more love is left; it’s more of trying to save the love that’s left. – Mai Duarte
4. “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like — like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.” – Lauren Oliver
5. “As time goes by, we start to see more clearly, and are able to see that it wasn’t all bad, and that perhaps just perhaps the breakup was a gift” – Osayi Osar-Emokpae
6. “It happens to everyone as they grow up You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
7. A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. – J.S.B. Morse
8. Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for. – Mandy Hale
9. “Nothing else ever seems to hurt like the smile on your face. When it’s only in my memory, it don’t hit me quite the same.” —Beyoncé
10. Let it hurt. Let it bleed. Let it heal. And let it go. – Nikita Gill
After 50 amazing breakup, we came to the end of this article.
I hope these quotes help you to overcome your difficulties.
Take time with your friends, take a walk or a trip, it really helps.
Nothing lasts forever, and pain is not an exception.
Also, find some inspirational quotes about life and struggles.